The personal information which we collect about you may include information that is of a confidential nature (all such information being "Personal Information"). Personal Information shall mean and include any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, is capable of identifying you.
Collection of Personal Information
Security Standards and measures
We adopt reasonable security practices and procedures and will protect your Personal Information by reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information, consistent with generally accepted standards of commercial business practice, which includes, technical, operational, managerial and physical security controls in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, or disclosure while it is under our control.
You agree and understand that when we use trusted third parties to act on our behalf for performing certain functions such as processing transactions, issuing account statements, payment gateway services, customer services etc., contractual or other means are used to ensure reasonable security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the Personal Information, consistent with generally accepted standards of commercial business practice.
Any account statement containing financial information pertaining to the investor, if it is to be sent over the internet to such investor, distributors or any other entity as indicated above will be sent only through a secure means and/or through encrypted electronic mail.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
You expressly agree and understand the following:
- We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of providing you with the services to which you subscribe and any service-related activities such as processing instructions, responding to service requests, resolve any grievances etc. The same may also be used to contact you whenever required and also to seek your feedback in relation to the offered services.
- Your contact information (emails, postal address, phone numbers etc.) may be used by us to send periodic information (through emails, posts, couriers, telephone etc.) on the services or upcoming events or announcements.
- We may use your Personal Information to generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries, intermediaries, successors, vendors, service providers and advertisers. These statistics and aggregate reports will not contain any Personal Information that could identify you personally. You agree and understand that we may also disclose your Personal Information in order to:
- Comply with any statutory or legal requirement or process;
- Protect and defend Prometheus, Trustees, their directors, officers, employees or affiliates’ rights, interests or property;
- Enforce our legal rights or provisions of offer documents of Schemes of Portfolio Management Services / any other facilities / services offered.
Sharing of Personal Information with third parties
To the extent required or permitted under law, we may share your Personal Information for the uses mentioned herein with (including but not limited to) the following third parties:
- Registrar and transfer agent/s, call centres, banks, custodians, depositories and / or authorized external third parties who are involved in transaction processing, despatches, etc., of investors’ investment with us;
- Distributors or Sub-brokers through whom applications of investors are received for the investments; or
- Any other organization for verifying the identity of investors for complying with anti-money laundering requirements.
- Any governmental authority including but not limited to the DIFC, DFSA.
- We may share your investment account and transaction details and other Personal Information with the intermediaries, whose handles the application forms / transaction slips.
- We may share certain Personal Information with third parties such as post office, local and international couriers and other intermediaries for correspondence with the investor and for making payments to the investor by cheques, drafts, warrants, through electronic clearing services etc.
Personal Information will not be transferred to the aforesaid third parties, unless reasonable and appropriate steps have been taken to maintain the required level of data protection. Personal Information shall be communicated to third persons only for reasons consistent with the purposes for which the data were originally collected or other purposes authorized by law.
We will not use or share, any Personal Information collected on this Site or in the physical scheme application form etc. with a third party for their direct marketing purposes without your express permission. However, we or our service providers may use the Personal Information such as your e-mail address, for direct marketing of our schemes / services / facilities.
Information Incidental to Website, Email and Electronic Communications
IP addresses, browser-supplied information and site session information (for example, the sequence of pages visited during a visit to the Service, the average time spent, information searched for, access times ) may be recorded as part of the normal operation of the service for purposes of usage analysis and security monitoring. The amount of information recorded depends on the settings you have on your web browser; please refer to your browser if you want to learn about what information it sends.
Tracking cookies (both session and persistent) may be used to implement certain features. This will cause your browser to save certain information about your activities. Most browsers can disable tracking cookies at the user's option, but this may limit your use of certain services. Cookies, ensures that you do not need to re-enter your details every time you visit it. You can erase or choose to block this information from your computer if you want to.
All such incidental information will be used only to assist us in providing an effective service on this Site. We may from time to time supply this information to the owners or operators of third party websites from which it is possible to link to our Site with information relating to the number of users linking to our Site from such third party websites. You will not be identified from this information.
Retention of Personal Information
We may retain your Personal Information for as long as required to provide you with services or otherwise if required under any law.
Breach of Internet Security
Despite our best efforts, if unauthorized persons breach our security control measures resulting in the Site being hacked or presenting inaccurate information etc., Prometheus, their directors, officers, employees or affiliates’ will not be responsible.
Any grievances relating to your Personal Information may be addressed to our Client Service Department at the email address given below: Email: email@example.com